Wednesday, December 2, 2015

A • P E R S O N A L • R E C O U N T


As part of the Journey into Literature, a Literature course offered in the University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus, we had a course assignment that consisted in creating and running a blog. We had to total 10 entries, 11 with this one. A blog is a personal space for anyone to write and express their ideas, thoughts or emotions, etc. This can be a personal blog, where no one but the author is able to see the writings, or a pubic one, where anyone can enter and read your posts and/or wish to comment on their thoughts on your post, if you wish for them to do so.


This experience to me was a new one. I use to write my thoughts, but to myself, not for everyone else to read. But nonetheless, apart from a single post that I pulled the courage to upload for everyone to read, it was fun to write and run a blog. Also, I found it greatly entertaining for me do decorate and basically decide the layout and the aesthetic of the blog perse. Blogging has become a recent modality for many people during the recent years, and I've never expected to go though the experience of running one, and having so much fun while doing so.


Since this was part of a class requirement, most of the post were related to readings discussed in class and special assignments from the professor. From my perspective this way is an innovative and interesting way to make students interested in writing reflections and implementing technology to do so. Having students run a blog, makes it easier to transmit their thoughts and impulse their creativity both when writing and setting the blog to their personal tastes.  After the end of the class, I will most probably run back to my blog to express and convey anything that I feel like to share with anyone who is interested in reading my posts. I greatly enjoyed this experience and plan on experimenting more with blogging

No comments:

Post a Comment